HANDGUN CARRY PERMIT
Saturday, Jun 24, 2017
12:00pm – 8:00pm
The state of Tennessee requires this class before filing an application for a handgun carry permit. The permit is required to legally carry a loaded handgun on your person. As a student enrolled in the Tennessee Handgun Carry Class you will learn about handgun nomenclature, function, handgun safety, storage, and the legal liabilities of carrying a handgun. You will also learn about carrying a handgun, ammunition malfunctions, and we will review loading and unloading, along with the fundamentals of handgun shooting. The state requires a passing score of 70 or higher on both the written and range test. The successful completion of this course will enable the student to file an application with the state for a Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit. Please note that this class DOES NOT teach you how to shoot. This class is meant for those who already know how to shoot and would like to carry a firearm for personal protection. KGR does have classes for those who would like to learn how to shoot.
- For more information call us at (865) 966-4545
- Complete your application for the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit before class. Visit the website: https://dl.safety.tn.gov/_/ and sign up as a new applicant. You will need the application number the day of the class.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes before class allowing time to complete necessary paperwork, and complete the registration process.
- Since this is an 8 hour course, feel free to bring drinks, snacks, etc. as needed as there will be frequent breaks provided throughout the class.
- We provide hearing and eye protection as required, or you can bring your own.
- If you bring your own firearm, please leave it, along with your ammunition, in your vehicle until time for the range qualification.
- The range qualification requires that you MUST shoot at least 50 rounds, which the student is responsible for. You can either bring your own, or purchase the day of class during the registration process.
- We will provide a rental firearm, if you do not have your own, for an additional $5.00 plus the cost of ammunition.
- The distances that students shoot from are 9 feet, 15 feet, and 21 feet.
KNOXVILLE GUN RANGE
Knoxville, TN, 37932